Lectures, Courses, Workshops
Illustrated with slides, personal work and examples from my personal collection. I am currently converting some of these lectures and workshops to online versions and will post an update when they become available.
- Our Ecclesiastical Textile Heritage
- Caring for Cloth, its conservation and preservation
- An Embroiderer's Journey
- Inspiration from Africa
- Embroidered African Textiles
- African Textiles and Beadwork
- Identity and Adornment
- Jewels of India – traditional embroidery and textile skills
Inspiration and study daysStructured days with information and the opportunity to handle, record and study items from my own collection.
Online workshopsColour Sense 1,2 and 3 A series of 3 online workshops with a structured approach to colour, a major element in creative work. Each workshop gives step by step instructions and tasks about colour theory and how to become more confident in using colour. They are suitable for beginners and those wishing to refresh their skills.
Colour Sense 4 is for those who have completed the first three Colour Sense workshops and want to extend their practice and push the boundaries.
Book these courses by going to the Shop menu.
Workshops - design based
- African sources as inspiration for design
- Activating the Surface - practical activities to explore vibrant and dynamic surfaces with reference to and inspiration from 20th century artists
- This Way Up - changing your view point is the essence of this workshop, working in 3D exploring ideas to be translated into fabric and stitch
Workshops - technique or stitch and fabric based
- New Ways with Traditional Techniques
- Edges and Embellishment
- Piecing and Patching - African style
- Book Structures for Embroiderers and Textile Artists
- Mind the Gap – connections in fabric and stitch – creating a story